Wednesday, October 3, 2012

In Her Name: First Contact by Michael R. Hicks


 
In Her Name: First Contact
By Michael R. Hicks


My Rating

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)





status

  Read October 3, 2012

format

             Kindle Version

review




I just finished reading “In Her Name: First Contact” by Michael R. Hicks and I am trying to catch my breath. From the moment I started reading until the last period in the book it was non-stop action and adventure. This is space opera at its very best.

Michael R. Hicks did an excellent job developing the storyline and staying true to it throughout the book. It was easy to get into the story because of his story development. His details of the alien society and psyche lead to a greater understanding of what drove them in their conquest. The battle scenes were both exciting and believable, keeping me on the edge of my seat.

It was easy to identify with the characters with the way the author developed their stories. Whether human or alien, each character stayed true to their role in the storyline and was easy to follow.  Another important attribute is the heroes were everyday characters and not an unbelievable “superhero.”

I really enjoyed losing myself in this story and found it hard to put down.  There are several books in this series by Michael R. Hicks and I will be reading more of them.

I highly recommend “In Her Name: First Contact” by Michael R. Hicks.











 

1 comment: