Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life by Suzanne Fisher


Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life

By Suzanne Fisher

My Rating

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)




status

Read August 14, 2012

format

              Hardcover Version

review



I have always love proverbs and local “sayings” and Suzanne Fisher has captured the spirit of the simple life of the Amish in her book, “Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life.” I like the way she describes it, “If you want to know a people, know their proverbs.”

The book is a combination of proverbs and short stories that are so applicable in our everyday life and the photos make them come alive. In our busy, fast paced world it is good to reflect on the basics of life and how we live. I found her book very uplifting and thought provoking.

This book will make a great gift for any occasion. But, more important it is a great book to read and reflect on. I find myself using the proverbs in my blogging and up-dates all the time.

I highly recommend this book for all ages.









1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry! Thanks so much for your book review! Really pleased you are getting a lot of use out of Amish Proverbs--I love that little book. Not sure if you knew, but it's going to be re-released on October 1st in an expanded edition, with over 200 more proverbs. Coming soon! Thanks again for sharing my book with your blog readers, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete