Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Boomerang: The Return of the Prodigal Son by Brett Rickey


Boomerang: The Return of the Prodigal Son

By Brett Rickey

My Rating

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)






status

        Read March 4, 2013

format

        Paperbook Version

review




Boomerang: The Return of the Prodigal Son by Britt Rickey is the story of, in the author’s words: “A wayward son. A broken father. An angry brother. A story for today.” It is a great study of God’s unending love taken from the story of the prodigal son out of the Bible.

The author did an excellent job of breaking the story down into its individual segments and analyzing each. He was able to relate each to everyday situations and the personal needs of modern day life. I especially like how the author related his own personal life events with the story. This added another level of realism to the life application.

Britt Rickey’s style of writing made it easy to follow the story and various sub-themes in the text. He brought the story down to my level and comfort zone. This helped me personalize the story and apply it to my life.

I really enjoyed reading Boomerang: The Return of the Prodigal Son and highly recommend it to all readers. Everyone will find some life application in this book.

 

 


 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment